By FRANK PHILLIPS
In other business discussed at Tuesday’s Brazil City Council meeting:
• The council approved 5-0 “A Resolution Endorsing the Homeowner Repair & Improvement Program from the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority.”
The resolution states the program is expected to grant $11,000 per property to repair about 20 homes in the city. The resolution passed 5-0 and instructs the City Planning Administrator to apply for the grant.
• The council approved 5-0 on second reading Ordinance 14-2006 placing restrictions on semi-trailer parking in Brazil.
• The council tabled first reading of Ordinance 15-2006, which would restrict parking of “certain types of trailers” in the city. The ordinance was tabled so other types of equipment could also be restricted.
• Police Chief Mark Loudermilk reported a 2004 vehicle has been purchased as the last take home car in the current program.
• Fire Chief Tobey Archer reported his department is meeting mitigation and training requirements which will reduce fire insurance premiums by 13 percent after the Insurance Services Office performs its next evaluation in September.