Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Have you tried 'Morning Joe' on MSNBC?

"Morning Joe" is the replacement for "Imus in the Morning" on MSNBC.
It showcases Joe Scarborough, who has "Scarborough Country" in the evenings on the same cable network.
The show is a welcome replacement for Imus, who outlived his entertainment/news value years ago. In fact, the best thing MSNBC did with Imus was to a) cancel him and b) cut into the show when the first plane struck the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.
"Morning Joe" is an improvement, but it still needs some work.
Scarborough is not a morning host. Sorry Joe. I think it could still be called "Morning Joe" as in "joe" is slang for coffee, without him.
He is too abrasive for the hours in which the show appears.
I have been a fan of Mika Brzezinski for quite a while and am glad to see she has a regular slot on a network show. However, Scarborough and Brzezinski do not mix well.
For example, the show is on as I am writing this (yes, I am unemployed after my separation from The Brazil, (Ind.) Times -- but I am not writing this while sitting in my underwear and I hope to be gainfully employed soon).
This morning, Joe kept interrupting Mika as she was trying to read the news. I think the fight was over whether Paris Hilton is news (NO!) and if Richard Lugar's decision to disagree with the president over Iraq should be the lead story (YES!).
Apparently, "Morning Joe" has not been given the green light to continue -- except provisionally. It should stay on the air with Mika, but some fine tuning is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment: