Sunday, May 02, 2021

Stroll around the neighborhood

Joe dog got out of our yard last night. It’s been months since he did that. He likes to go visit the dogs one block over. So I grabbed his leash and walked in that direction. There was a man working on a motorcycle I stopped and asked him if he had seen a yellow lab he said yeah. “He said, ‘I tried to catch him but he crossed the street and headed that way.” So, I thanked him and walked on a couple of yards and saw him across the street. “What are you doing?”I asked. I walked over to him. He started to walk off toward home but thought better of it I put the leash on him and took him back down the sidewalk to where we live. We cut across one yard and he walked over to our fence as if to say, "Dad do you want to go under the fence like I did?" I told him, “No we’re going to go through the front door and mom‘s not gonna be happy with you either.” This morning Joe wanted out so I went out in the backyard to watch him. He stopped every once in a while and looked toward where his friends live with his nose just a drooling, twitching in the air. I told him, “No you’re not going over there.” Then he turned around and looked at me with a big grin on his face as if to say,“Dad can we go for a walk?" And then I’m sure he would’ve laughed if he could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment: